Your topic must also have a “Controversial” angle. Controversial means that there are two sides to the issue in the sense that there are strong “proponents” and “opponents” among professionals and scholars in your particular major field, as well as the general population of society on the issue, and it is highly “debatable and argumentative” in nature.
Regardless of the topic you select to write on, you will choose a distinct side and argue “for or against it,” but you will also research the other side, present, and challenge it. This creates a complete argument.
1. The paper must be 3-5 typed double spaced pages, illustrate Times New Roman type, and 12-size font.
2. Proper essay structure should be presented including a focused introductory paragraph with a direct thesis statement, well developed body paragraphs with in-text citations, and a conclusion.
3. You must use a minimum of 3 secondary sources that include scholarly journal articles, books, professional websites etc.
4. You must use accurate MLA documentation throughout the paper. This includes correct use of “in-text citation” and “parenthetical notes.”
5. You must also include a works cited page at the end of the paper.