To Prepare for this assignment:
-Locate and select an organization where change is currently taking place (or is scheduled to take place).
-Analyze the organization to develop a change management proposal.
In a 7- to 10-page proposal, address the following:
1) Describe the specific organization including size, mission, and location. Describe the change that is taking place (or is scheduled to take place) in the organization.
2) Analyze what is driving the change to take place.
3) Given the parameters of the change, summarize the resistance or conflict you might expect and why.
4) Evaluate change management theories and models and select one to apply to the change occurring in the organization. Support why you selected this theory or model.
5) Apply systems thinking to address the impact of the change throughout the organization.
6) Recommend strategies and innovations that could be implemented to effect the organizational change and provide rationale for the recommendations.
7) Explain the role that communication will play in your plan. Analyze how communication could be used to handle concerns and doubts of stakeholders.
8) Recommend strategies you will use to motivate stakeholders and prepare them to accept, embrace, and sustain the change. Categorize key groups that you anticipate will require targeted motivation strategies.
9) Recommend training and support required for the successful implementation of the organizational change.
10) Recommend strategies for sustaining an organizational change.
11) Explain how stakeholders are involved in and held accountable for the organizational change.
12) Recommend ways to measure the success of the organizational change and when transformational change has occurred.
Note: The change management proposal should be 7–10 pages, not including the title and reference pages. Include graphs or charts and a 1-page executive summary. Your Assignment must be written in standard edited English. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and at least three additional scholarly sources.
Borkowski, N. (2016). Organizational behavior, theory, and design in health care (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.