She states she started a workout program about 3 weeks, and she is working out with a friend that is a body builder.
She states her friend suggested taking Creatine to help build muscle and Coenzyme Q10 as an antioxidant so she started those medications at the same time she began working out. She states she also takes Kava Kava for her anxiety and garlic to help lower her blood pressure.
Past medication history includes: Type II diabetes since age 27, High blood pressure, Recurrent DVT’s.
Her other medications include: Glyburide 3 mg daily with breakfast, Lisinopril 20 mg daily and Coumadin 6 mg daily
1. What are your findings following reviewing this medication list? Explain concerns in detail.
2. Is there additional information you would obtain? If so, please discuss rationale.
3. What are your recommendations for managing this patient’s medications?
4. What are the components for educating the patient?
5. If your plan is to prescribe a medication/s, create a prescription and discuss, what are the important components necessary on the packaging or on the label?
Please answer each question concisely. You do not need to write a long paragraph to prove your points. . Support answers with peer reviewed journals. Articles cannot be older than 5 years. Remember all paragraphs need to be cited properly, and the paper must be written in APA 6th format. A minimum of 3 references are required for this case study.